Wednesday, January 27, 2010
I was out last week with my sister and while we
were eating I noticed a couple at a table both texting on their phones. OK this is normal for today's society but I saw this with 3 different tables. While eating their dinner they have the phone sitting there like a little computer waiting for messages. Whatever happen to talking to each other? The third wheel now in a date is Mr. Text. I have friends that tell me I talked to you twice this week and I'm like no you didn't you texted me. Don't get me wrong texting is helpful to get the word out and let someone know something while their not in your presence. The infection of this indirect talk is causing the younger generation to not have any type of social skills. When I was dating all you did was talk on the phone all day and all night and then hook up later. Now people breakup with you through a text. Some of us at times hide behind a screen betraying a certain life. Couples say they are wonderful but cussing each other out once they get home. A girl sits at home saying she is bored and logs on to talk to her boyfriend...a man that is 50yrs old but puts up pictures of a young man he copied and pasted from another boys page. In this little crazy cyber world I do say be careful. We can say words that my seem cold or things we can never take back. We use this indirect talk and no one can see your face so we go off assuming is so and so okay...? Lets go back to the basics sometime. Go have a nice long talk with a friend, love one, child, etc. Let's talk face to face...something seems so much more personal and sweet to look a person in the eye and say So how was your day girl? I've been infected by the indirect talk bug but that doesn't stop me from having face to face gatherings and talking on the phone to hear another's voice say hello.
Try it... you just might like it.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Lets face it little kids don't like to drink water. It doesn't matter how healthy you brought them up from a baby. Once they get a taste of juice they hate to go back to the bland taste of water. I currently found out that Deer Park has water called Aqua Pods. My sons love these little waters. I think the shape of them and the size make them very appealing to small people. If you don't believe it just try it for a week. I believe it comes in a pack of eight. Your children will become "Super Drinking Aqua Kids" within the blink of an eye. You can find them in your local stores every where Deer Park is available. Here are some other ways to get the little ones drinking more water...
- I sometimes cut up lemons in their water. The boys like to watch the fruit float around the bottle.
- Tinted water in a cool color will please the kiddies. Add a drop of food dye in the water and shake.
- Let them only have juice at night for dinner and the rest of the day drink water. I tried it but the boys went crazy ...lol
- They now have these individual flavoring packets to put in water. Try sprinkling a few drops in the water but not the entire packet.
Hope this helps your Aqua Babies to be healthy and happy!
Monday, January 25, 2010
- Pearls are a must. It doesn't matter what color you wear just have some around the neck,in the ears, or on the wrist.
- Pastel colors are another key principle to the romantic look. You can go with some winter pastel colors that have darker undertones to them.
- Ruffles on the collar of a shirt , dress or sweater are very sweet in achieving this style.
- Add a charm bracelet or necklace to create a dainty playfulness to the outfit
- A pastel cardigan paired with a silky camisole will complete any romantic creation.
- Suede boots,pumps, or flats finish off this soft and delicate look.
Ladies have fun showing a little tenderness...lol
Romance your style today!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
I want to share some wonderful advice with you... Finding the right dress will never be a problem again. The rules I'm about to share with you can apply for any dress occasion. You ask any woman what is the hardest thing to do while shopping and their answer will probably be finding the perfect dress. The problem is we go to the mall, online, or to a thrift store and believe something will just pop out at us. I believe sometimes a dress will catch your attention but what if its too expensive or they don't have your size? We become devastated because the perfect dress we saw on display isn't available. The truth of the matter is most stores put an I catching dress on display and usually its a size 2. Then other women have ran into the store and bought up all the sizes of your fabulous dress. So your thinking than I wont ever find the perfect dress. No, no, no I tell you as I wag my finger. Your perfect dress is waiting for you. All you have to do is arm your self with these rules for finding the perfect dress!...
- Get your body measured! We always go out looking for clothes saying to ourselves I think I wear a size 7 or 8.
- What do believe are the best & worst features on your body? You must know this so you can decide what areas you want to cover and expose. Do you want your back out or to cover your arms because you think they appear fat?
- Decide on the length of your dress. Think of the occasion and season this dress is for? Do you want a long or short dress? If you already have in mind I want to wear a short dress to prom than that eliminates you aimlessly searching through long dresses
- Figure out what type of sleeves,straps, etc you want on your dress.You might not want sleeves at all
- Decide on 2-3 colors you would like to wear. Now the perfect dress is getting easier as we go!
- Decide on the neckline of your dress...will it be a plunging V or high Victorian collar.
- Choose what style you want your dress to be. Vintage, Romantic, Trendy, Elegant, Sultry...the list can go on forever so choose!
- Decide on where to look for your dress... Do you want to go to a trendy retail store, shop online, go to a department store, look in a thrift store, or look in a vintage boutique?
- Look online or in magazines for what you like and bring the pictures with you to the store.
I hope this helps you on your adventure for finding the perfect dress.
It may sound like a lot to consider but its better than giving up and settling for a dress you don't like.
You can contact me
Professional Wardrobe Stylist "For Real People"
Email me your information
I can help you find that "Perfect Dress"!