Wednesday, November 26, 2008

We all sometimes have 2 hang up the cape...



I saw my mother do it all from taking care of us, going to work, picking up my father, and so much more. As a child I never stopped to think how hard she worked. In my mind that was how she was and liked doing those things. Although sometimes we would hear her fuss she still was the one cooking and cleaning until we were old enough to help. We still depended on her for many other things.

Now I have my own children and find it funny that they don't care if your tired or sick they want you to do it all. I went to my doctor last week and she has in her mind I have it all together. I guess because she believes most of her patients with a lot of children and on the next one look like a train wreak hit them. I come in dressed, hair, and makeup done. The only reason I do this is because I don't want to lose all of me. I do say to women that do it all in the household and outside the house, hang up the cape sometime and just relax.

There will always be more laundry to do, a dirty bathroom to clean, another trip to the store, and the list can go on forever. I realized that sometimes all won't get done and I wont beat my self up about it. I haven't all the way learned to say no to everything I must or want to do. I have decided to stop worrying and sometimes sit down and say that will have to wait. I will take my cape off and the "S" on the chest because sometimes I can't do it all. Ask me about my fun filled week coming up and I tell you something different,lol.

-Peace Mamas

No comments:

Post a Comment