Sunday, December 26, 2010

Where my girls @?

I was just recently looking for an old song by the girl group 702. I wanted to play it for my sister to see if she remembered the song. We started naming the songs we liked from 702 and other girl groups in the past. Then we both realized there are no more good black girl groups. In the late 80's and 90's you had En Vogue, TLC, Xscape, SWV, Changing Faces,Jade, and so may more female groups.Can't forget Destiny's Child. Now majority of the time we see one black female dressed like a slut and can't really sing. If the singer can sing she usually sings about sexual things she might want to keep to her self. I'm not saying the girl groups in the past always sang about positive things but they had a lot more class than singers today. I miss the black girl group era that gave us pride to see them perform. En Vogue showed black women how to be sexy with class. TLC told black women to take care of your self and have fun being a woman. SWV showed women how to be sweet but still be a little street. Girl groups showed unity and love among black women. What happened to all the great black girl groups?...

Where my girls @?

No comments:

Post a Comment