Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Going Back 2 Your Roots:Going Natural

Hey Mamas!

If you haven't seen Good Hair you must watch it. For all
the creamy crack lovers of the relaxer it might scare you back to nappy and not straight. I have many women come up to me and ask how did I go natural. When I went natural I decided being natural was the best thing for my hair to grow. I had dyed my hair every color you could imagine. I had the weave, the short hair, the braids, and so much more.It was time for a change to wear my own naturally beautiful hair and love the hair God gave me. So you may be reading this and scared to go natural. I find it amazing we are scared of something that's ours since birth. Natural hair is different but you still can achieve many styles. Ladies considering going natural here are somethings you should consider and know before going natural.


  • You don't have to cut off all your hair to go natural . Natural stylists offer many transitional hair styles so you will have length after you cut off the relaxed hair.
  • Natural hair can be very manageable with the right conditioners and combing techniques.
  • If you want your hair to be straight while natural there are many ways you can do this without perming the hair with chemicals.
  • Different hair styles are unlimited with natural hair. Twists, cornrows, braids, weaves, curls, locks, and so much more you can achieve with natural hair.
  • Find the right Natural Hair stylist that has knowledge on natural hair care.
  • Natural hair needs maintenance. You will still need to get your ends clipped and proper care received to make it grow.
  • If you choose to bleach your natural hair make sure you keep it hydrated and conditioned. Natural hair bleached easily becomes brittle, dry, and will break off if not treated properly.

If your local in Baltimore here are some all natural hair salons to check out:

Na'Klectic: Natural Hair Gallery-www.naklecticnaturalhair.com 410-889-0287

Daniele Johnson (Salon Itarah)- www.itarah.org 443-447-4685

Mesha Bazemore (Ebony's Braidery) She also specializes in natural hair care for little ones

www.ebonysbraidery.webs.com 313-407-6348( she is local in baltimore!)

Happy to be Nappy, Kinky, Free of chemicals and naturally beautiful!

-Peace & Many Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment