Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mommy's Temper Tantrum



Often times I find my self asking others,how do you deal with the stress of being a mother? I get different answers that will sometimes help me but really hasn't stopped me from having a tantrum or two. Yes, Mamas have temper tantrums too. If you say you don't then you might not know how to identify it. A child's tantrum comes from not getting their way most often. A mother's tantrum comes from bottled up frustration, stress, or reoccurring problems. So how do you calm down a mommy tantrum? Here are a few of my tips that may or may not work. Sometimes you have to scream or stomp for a couple minutes.

  • Remove yourself from everyone and breathe
  • Take some time out to read the bible. (I usually read scriptures about anger)
  • Keep a journal and write out how you feel and things you go through as a way to vent out any emotions you might have.
  • Take time to pray about your situation or problem.
  • Get a punching bag and beat the crap out of it. LOL
  • Go running for awhile, it sometimes clears the mind.

If all else fails do your "Rumpelstiltskin Dance" until you get it out, lol. I'm just playing think about what is really making you mad and go from there. Try to fight to get over the anger and find the source of it.

-Peace Mamas

No comments:

Post a Comment