Sunday, September 7, 2008

Whatever happen 2 "Classic Beauty"?






Hey Mamas, sorry 4 the absence
but I'm back. You ladies know
I can't write unless I feel it or live it. So this is what I've been thinking, what happen to us? I wonder at times where has the black woman's style gone. We had classic beauty once upon a time. Now being lady like or being unique is non- existing. We would rather wear tight jeans all the time then to dress like a lady. Funny thing happen to me recently. I was out dressed like a lady with a hat on and walking with my sons. Two other black women go pass me with their pajamas on and scarfs around their head. They look at me like I'm wrong for being outside. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. Classic beauty has been thrown out the window. When will we reclaim the respect and dignity our sister, mothers, grandmothers, set for us in the beginning? I remember when I was younger I was about to go out on a date. My grandmother was visiting and she saw what I had on. She told me "Leave something to the imagination." I was mad at her because I didn't understand she wanted me to cover up to show respect for my self. Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. All I can say is I learned. I was born a lady I just had to realize it. We all have classic beauty. Let it shine!!!

-Peace Mamas


No comments:

Post a Comment