Friday, September 19, 2008

Peeling away the layer: Where the inner beauty dwells

While Keisha is at the MAC counter buying the newest trend of makeup to look wonderful to the world, I'm standing in the mirror trying to see through my eyes my soul. The "layers" we hold make up the core that lies within us. We always want someone special in our lives especially the ones we hold close to our heart to know every layer of us. We say to our self they should want to get to know all the layers of me. Appearance attracts the man, but will it keep him there in the long run? The black woman is sick of cheating, lies, and dogs. I hear it I see it everyday. Some women say "I must have loser posted on my forehead because that's all I get". I say you are in some way what you attract. If we are to treat and think of our selves as trash will we not get that in return? Our layers are deep but have you peeled back every layer to see the core within. When the flesh is gone will your spirit shine? Its not the make-up, hair, or clothes that make you. It's your spirit that can out shine the flesh. The core of you is your spirit. Looking at your self and being honest with the your self might help you find it. I found my spirit through "the truth" and Christ. A black man that came in the flesh to show us perfection that showed us the way. He is real and he is in me. Deep within the layers is a spirit that lives and breathes the positive, you just have to pray the Lord helps you find it.

-Peace Mamas

No comments:

Post a Comment